200 additional mosques to reopen for tomorrow (7th Aug 2020) for Friday Prayers – Awqaf
Phase 3 of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in Qatar begun on 28th of July 2020 with new guidelines, procedures and precautionary measures. The Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs (Awqaf) has announced that an additional 200 mosques in Qatar will be reopened from tomorrow (Aug 7) for Friday Prayers.
With this additional 200 mosques which will be opened tomorrow, the total number of mosques opened so far for worshipers has reached 400.
Click here to find the list of additional mosques which will be reopened tomorrow for Friday prayers. To find the nearest mosque, Worshipers can visit this website – https://www.islam.gov.qa/services/COVID19Mosques.aspx
According to a tweet by the Ministry,”All precautions and safety measures announced in the last phase of reopening are applicable,”. Mohamad bin Hamad Al Kuwari, the Director of Mosques Management Department of the ministry thanked the Imams and worshipers for cooperating with the department to ensure the safety of all.
Awqaf has urged all worshipers going to the mosque to follow all the guidelines and precautionary measures. Awqaf had highlighted the below COVID-19 precautionary measures for worshipers praying in mosques:
- The bathrooms and ablution places at Mosques remain closed. Do ablution at home before starting to the mosque.
- Do not reach early for prayers, mosques will open only with the call to prayer
- Maintain two metres distance from others and do not crowd inside the mosque
- Worshipers should show Ehteraz app to enter the mosques
- Shaking hands with others even with gloves must be avoided
- Face mask is must. Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing
- Worshipers should bring their own mats for prayers, do not share it with others or leave it at the mosque
- Worshipers should bring their own copy of the Holy Quran and should not be shared with others in the mosque
- Awqaf advised people over 60 years, Children and people suffering from chronic diseases to pray at home
يسعدنا الإعلان عن جاهزية (200) جامع ،إضافة للـ (200) التي تم الإعلان عنها سابقاً ليكون بذلك العدد (400) جامع، وذلك لاستقبال المصلين الجمعة القادمة 2020/8/7https://t.co/2PtxqKPFrz
ستطبق نفس الإجراءات الاحترازية التي سعدنا بالتزامكم بها في المراحل السابقة.#وزارة_الأوقاف
— وزارة الأوقاف – قطر (@AwqafM) August 6, 2020
Source: AwqafM | Image Credit: iled2019
- New National Education Policy 2020 has major reforms in higher education with an increased focus on non-academic skills. Here’s are the highlights of India’s New National Education Policy 2020
- Exceptional Entry Permit is a temporary service which helps residents of Qatar who wish to return back can apply to enter Qatar