How To Make Chole Bhature
Chole Bhature, is a combination of chana masala and fried bread called bhatoora from India. This chole is a spicy curry made from white chickpeas where as Bhatura is a fried leavened bread.
Chole Bhature is also know as chola poori, is a very popular Punjabi dish which is usually served as breakfast. This excellent dish delights you the most.
Prepration time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Servings : 2 persons
Main Ingredient : Maida flour
Ingredients used in Chole Bhature:
• Chick peas/kabuli chana – 1 cup.
• All purpose flour/maida – 2 cups.
• Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoons.
• Curd – 1/2 cup.
• Baking soda – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Garlic – 2 cloves.
• Ginger – 1/2 piece.
• Onion – 1 number.
• Dry mango powder – 2 teaspoons.
• Cumin powder – 1 tea spoon.
• Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon.
• Chana masala – 1 tea spoon.
• Turmeric powder – 1/4 tea spoon.
• Cooking oil – to fry.
• Salt – to taste.
• Tea bag – 1 number.
• Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon.
- Firstly, in a large bowl, add maida, baking soda, curd and knead it into a soft dough by adding water if needed. Then cover it with wet muslin cloth and set aside for 2-3 hours.
- Pressure cook the chick peas with the tea bag for 3 whistles until they are soft. Drain and set aside. Discard the tea bag.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the onion, ginger and garlic and saute until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the chana masala, red chili powder, mango powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt (to taste) and saute for another minute.
- In the same pan, add the chickpeas along with 1 cup of water and mix well. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. And set aside.
- Now take the dough and knead it once again.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and roll out into puri size circles.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Once oil get hot, deep fry in hot oil until the bhaturas puff up and both sides are golden brown.
- Take out on a paper towel so extra oil gets absorb.
Serve this bhature hot with the chole, sliced onion and lemon wedges.