Crispy, delicious and healthy oats dosa for a quick breakfast, brunch or dinner.
Yield / Serves: 4 to 5 dosas
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
½ cup oats (rolled or instant)
½ cup rice flour (or ¼ rice flour and ¼ wheat flour or semolina)
Salt as needed
2 small green chili chopped
½ tsp. cumin
2 tbsps onions chopped
1 sprig curry leaves chopped
½ tsp. crushed or minced ginger
¼ cup curd (optional, refer notes)
1 ¼ to 1½ cups water
Oil as needed
Note: Curd lends a unique aroma and deep golden color to the dosa. You can also skip it.
1. Add oats to a blender jar. If using quick cook oat, you can skip the powdering step
2. Make a fine powder and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add salt, cumin and rice flour. You can also use half rice flour and half wheat flour or semolina.
3. Add chopped onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves, grated or minced ginger, and green chilies. After that, add yogurt and water.
4. Mix the ingredients to a free-flowing batter as we make for Rava dosa. You can add more or less water to adjust the consistency
5. Grease your cast iron griddle or nonstick dosa Tawa. Heat it well. Pour the batter making around. Do not spread the batter just pour it.
6. After a few minutes, you can see the edges become loose from the pan, lift it with a wooden spatula. Flip it and cook until done. Flip it back and cook again until the dosa turns crisp
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters
Like this article? Share it!