Why eating idli is a healthy idea!
If you’ve decided to eat healthy but don’t really like eating bland or sweet oats, cornflakes and other such food recommended by dieticians, there are a number Indian food items that are not only a treat to your gustatory senses but healthy as well. One such healthy Indian dish is Idli.
Why is it a healthy option?
- A classic South Indian food made with fermented rice and black gram, idlis are a great source of carbohydrates and proteins.
- The fermentation process increases the bio-availability of proteins and enhances the vitamin B content of the food.
- As it is steamed, fat content is low and it is easily digestible.
- Use of dal and rice in idli is a good combination as the amino acids in them complement each other.
- An idli fills you up with fewer calories. According to HealthifyMe calorie counter, 1 idli contains only 65 calories.
Don’t trouble yourself in preparing the idli batter. Chettinad Idli & Dosa Batter now available @ many stores in Qatar including Family Food Center outlets. Feel the taste of Homemade batter. They do not add any preservatives. Easy to Cook. Try it out!
Article Sponsored by: Chettinad Idli & Dosa Batter, Qatar.