- November 8, 2019
- 10:00 am
- Doha, Qatar
Bake Off – Homemade Cake Competition | Qatar, Season 1 – Win Cash Prizes
Are you good at baking cakes at home? Then don’t miss a chance to win up QAR 20,000 and many more prizes.
First time in Qatar, Lavender Media has organized Bake Off – Homemade Cake Competition in Qatar. Bake Off – Homemade Cake Competition will be held on the 8th and 15th of November 2019.
Interested? Click here to register online* to participate in the contest. Bake your best cake and become “THE BEST HOME BAKER IN QATAR”
The contest will be judged on the following criteria:
- Taste – 35%
- Design and creativity – 40%
- Neatness, appearance & presentation- 25%
- Winner: QR: 10,000/-
- First Runner: 5,000/-
- Second Runner: 3,000/-
- Consolation prizes for all participants
*Registration fee QR 100 applicable
For more details, please contact 7069 9444 , 5546 1626 , 3363 0616
Rules & Regulations:
- This is a baking competition to be held in Qatar to find out “THE BEST HOME BAKER IN QATAR”
- Participants should bring a frosted cake from home to the Cake Competition venue
- Participants will get one hour at the venue for the presentation and final arrangements.
- All the contestants will get a specific area (maximum of 70 cm x 70cm) for presentation. Also decorative items for presentation are allowed but must fit within the space allotted.
- All the contestants must reach the registration counter 30 minutes before the starting of the cake competition.
- The time of arrival will be sent to contestants separately by mail as they may differ. Kindly stick to your appointed slots. Also, delays longer than 10 minutes after your time slot ends will not be entertained.
- All entries must be set by the time indicated. Setting up of cakes will last for an hour. At the end of that time, all works must be stopped and the area cleared for prompt judging.
- All the contestants will get a specific area for presentation. Decorative items for presentation are allowed but must fit within the space allotted.
- Participants should bring a printed/written copy of the recipe to the Cake Competition event
- Cake must be 100% edible except for columns, supports, wires, and stamens. No ribbons or other non-edible decorations will be permitted.
- Judging will begin an hour after contestants have started decorating.
- No personal or business identifying marks, advertisements will be allowed to be displayed along with the entry.
- Your assigned registration number will be the only form of identification permitted on your table, throughout the contest.
- Electricity will not be provided at the venue. Hence the usage of tools such as mixers will not be feasible.
- Photos of contestants and their cakes will be clicked while they are setting their cakes up.
- Contestants must cut a piece of their cake for the judges to taste by themselves. This must be done during the hour given to them to set up the cakes. It is suggested that the piece is cut from the back of the cake as cutting it from the front may affect the aesthetic of the cake.
- The slice must be cut at the venue during the time given to set up the cakes. Slices cut at home will not be accepted
- Fraternizing with the judges is not allowed and will result in disqualification.
- Contestants will not be permitted to stay in the judgment area.
- The display period will begin after judging all the cakes. During this period, visitors and contestants may be allowed to walk around in the judging area and view all the cakes for themselves.
- The display period will last for an hour. Also, contestants will not be permitted to take cake before this time.
- Judging of the entries will be completed by a team of qualified, professional judges selected by the organizers. The judge’s decision will be final.
- There will be 20 shortlisted contestants announced. These selected contestants will be eligible to attend the grand finale.
- All the items for the presentation must bring by the contestants themselves.
- Entry / Registration fee QR 100/- per contestant, can be paid by hand to the event organizers.
- Registration will be closed by November 1st and the entries without payment will be automatically canceled if not paid on or before 01-Nov-2019.
Bake Off | Homemade Cake Competition | Cake Competition Qatar | Bakers in Qatar | Cake Baking in Qatar | baking cakes at home | Lavender Media | THE BEST HOME BAKER IN QATAR | baking competition | Cake Competition Rules | baking Cake | cake competition | cake competition in Doha | cake competition in Qatar | bakers in Doha | bakers in Qatar | Homemade cakes | Bake Off Season 1 | Bake Off Homemade Cake Competition