India Strikes, Salute IAF Pilots – Express your solidarity for defending the country’s unity and integrity.
IAF strikes terror camps in Pakistan After Pulwama Attack.
India carried out pre-dawn air strikes on terror camps across the Line of Control on Tuesday. At around 3:30 this morning, 12 Mirage 2000 fighter jets of the Indian Air Force dropped 1,000 kg bombs on terror camps of the Jaish-e-Mohammed, Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hizbul Mujahideen, news agency ANI reported, quoting Air Force sources. Reported ndtv.com
Also reported that “The military has taken this necessary step for the country’s security. It was an act of extreme valour. PM Modi had earlier given the armed forces the freedom to take action. Today, the entire country is with the forces,” Union Minister Prakash Javadekar told reporters in the first official acknowledgment of the operation.
India carried out the strikes two weeks after the terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama, in which over 40 soldiers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed when a suicide bomber of the Jaish-e-Mohammed exploded a car full of bombs next to a security convoy.
The strikes were “100 percent successful” and went exactly as planned, sources told NDTV. Terror camps and control rooms of the Jaish were hit. A large number of JeM terrorists killed in Indian air strike.
India Strikes – Foreign secretary addresses media on air strikes:
- A suicide attack was conducted on February 14 leading to the martyrdom of 40 brave jawans of CRPF: FS Gokhale
- Masood Azhar-led JeM is active in Pakistan and is responsible for a series of terror attacks, including the 2001 Parliament attack and Pathankot airbase attack: FS
- Information about JeM’s operations has been provided to Pakistan from time to time but it has always denied knowledge of their existence: FS
- Credible intel was received that JeM was planning more suicide attacks in India. In the face of imminent danger, a preemptive strike became absolutely necessary: FS
- India struck the biggest training camp of JeM in Balakot. A large number of JeM terrorists were killed. The strike avoided civil casualties
- Top commanders were eliminated in the strike: FS
- This action was specifically targeted at the JeM camp. We avoided civilian casualties with the selection of the camp, which is located deep inside forests: FS
- Since the action took place just hours ago, we are waiting for more info: FS
- Foreign secretary concludes his address to the media
Image Source: moneycontrol.com